This is one of the tastiest methods to prepare the chicken curry in Sri Lanka
Chicken – 1 KG ( Skinless ) or 8 Chicken Thighs ( Skinless )
Large onions – 2 ( sliced )
Garlic cloves – 4 ( chopped )
Green chillies – 6 ( chopped ) or Kochchi chillies – 10 ( chopped )
Meat curry powder ( or Roasted curry powder ) – 2 tablespoons
Chilli powder – 1 tablespoons
Black Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
Salt – ½ a teaspoon ( or as you need )
Coconut milk – 2 cup
Coconut oil or vegetable oil – 3 – 4 tablespoons
Tomato sauce- 2 tablespoons
Curry leaves – 2 to 3
Coriander leaves – 2 to 3
Cinnamon – 1 stick
1) Take the skinless chicken and cut it into pieces. Now, add meat curry powder, chilli powder, black pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and let them marinate for 20-30 minutes.
2) Then heat coconut oil in a saucepan. Add onion, garlic, green chilli or kochchi chilli, cinnamon stick, and curry leaves. Sauté for a 2-3 minutes. ( Stir frequently to avoid burning ).
3) Next add the marinated chicken pieces, mix, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes ( cover the pan with a lid ).
4) Now open the lid and add Tomato sauce. Mix and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
5) Next add Coconut milk and Coriander leaves. Mix and cook for 15 to 20 minutes ( Cover the pan with a lid )
That’s it !
Sri Lankan Spicy Chicken Curry + White Rice + Dhal Curry + Bean curry + Gotukola Sambol (Pennywort Salad) + Papadam
Spicy Chicken Curry + Bread
Spicy Chicken Curry + String Hoppers + Coconut Sambol
Spicy Chicken Curry + Parotta ( Parata )
Spicy Chicken Curry + Egg Hoppers
~ Tasty recipes by Weladama team ~